We are planning to publish our benchmark suite STE (Solution Traffic Engine) as open source. The suite consists of 5 applications, including 3 real-world and 2 synthetic chaincode applications. The testing engine will be comprised of a configurable toolkit to automatically deploy Fabric networks and run applications on customizable network topologies in different environments, ranging from development machines to remote clouds. It will be able to generate measurement reports and will have a toolkit to identify bottleneck components that cause in idle CPU cycles by blocking other components.
We want to push the code into fabric-test/tools (https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-test/tree/master/tools)
STE consists of the following three components.
- A Fabric benchmark suite including real-world and synthetic chaincode applications
- 3 Real-World Apps
- 2 Synthetic Apps
- A benchmark harness for deploying fabric and run applications by using the following existing tools
- Hyperledger Cello: Network deployment tool https://www.hyperledger.org/projects/cello
- PTE: Popular configurable benchmark tool https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-test/tree/master/tools/PTE
- ATD: Ansible playbooks to generate input files for PTE https://github.com/hyperledger/fabric-test/tree/master/tools/ATD
- A set of performance analysis tools